Friday, May 11, 2018

Dyeing a bit late

Late in the day on Easter Sunday the kids declared that they DID want to dye Easter eggs!  Oy!  Better late than never.  We told them they would not be able to dye them that day, but that I would boil them on Monday and they could dye them after school.  I didn't have a dye kit, but I made the colors with food coloring and vinegar and it worked just as well!  The kids got really into making rainbow eggs and it ended up to be a pretty fun time.  

I told the kids about my egg huts as a young child.  Actual eggs were hidden.  They wanted to hide their eggs too.  On Tuesday night when the eggs were very dry we hid them three times in the family room.  They really enjoyed it and I did too! 

At first they were speedy!

Then they became more focused!

M: I made a 4 colored egg!
T: I made a 5 colored egg!


No comments: