Thursday, May 3, 2018

When Mexico Calls...

You answer!!!!!  For the past three winters Brandon's parents have come and stayed with the kids for a week while Brandon and have escaped the frozen tundra for a week in Mexico. This time away is a gift for Brandon and I that keeps giving for months to come.  I think this year, more than any before, it was especially good for Brandon to step away from all of the commitments at church for a week.  There is SO MUCH going on at church right now, and I will write more about it soon I promise... some day when I am not in such extreme catch up mode!  

Anyway, it was an incredible week.  There is no way it would be possible without the sacrificial giving of both sets of our parents.  My parents help us out with timeshare and Brandon's with child care.  With the kids and lodging taken care of we are able to spend a week in paradise without destroying our annual budget.  

We have gone to the same place for the last three years.  Each year we toss around ideas of going to other places, but we usually decide to go back to the same resort because the amenities it has can't be beat!  The onsite grocery store, in condo kitchen, and fun things like the lazy river call us back year after year!  

This year we checked in like old pros.  Last year we had some tricky issues at check in, but we learned from them and everything went smoothly this time!  

Our days in Mexico are EXTREMELY relaxed!  We move slowly in the morning, lay by the pool a bit and get nice and warm, and then make a few loops on the lazy river.  After that it is hours of laying in the sun (or sitting in the shade for Brandon) and reading books.  I enjoy doing some swimming when I get too warm.  I also enjoy chatting with those we sit near, especially the older couples!  At some point we go up to the condo for lunch.  Brandon eats sandwiches and yogurt etc and I stick with LOTS of HUMMUS!  They have the world's greatest hummus and I look forward to it all year!  The afternoon includes more pool reading time for me and then perhaps a bath, and a workout for Brandon.  We go out for dinner and enjoy watching sunsets and walking around in paradise.  Every element is refreshing and low key and altogether lovely!  

We don't take many photos, but trust us, it is lovely! 

A new year a new hat!

So thankful!

Our condo in the background!

Really, T just wants to see pictures of the "Mexico Dresses" 

Beautiful views behind us, yet it looks white. 

No camera can capture the beauty. 

It was beautiful behind us, but you can't tell. 

Almost forgot to take a pic of this one for T!

Last year I ran out of books in Mexico so I told myself that would not happen this year!  I  thought I was over prepared.  I brought 9 books!  I read 8.5 of them in Mexico and finished the last one when we got home.  I had never read the Love Come Softly series.  It was fun to read the whole series in just one week. The Help was a very compelling book as well.


All my reading material!

Tomorrow's post will feature pictures from our kids time with Tom and Judy! 

No comments: