Friday, May 4, 2018

When the parents are away, the kids will play!!

As you probably read in the post above, our kids had a special week with Grandpa Tom and Grandma Judy while Brandon and I were in Mexico.  We were able to get some photos from their fun week! 


On Sunday afternoon, before Brandon and I left, Tom and Judy took the kids bowling while we packed.  

M: Yes!  I got a lot down!

T: Come on ball, knock down some pins!

Tom and Judy ate lunch with each of the kids one day.  They only got photos with T.  T tried out a new hairstyle while we were gone!

T: It was fun to have guests at lunch!

T: Silly Face!!

Last fall Brandon's parents scored a firetruck ride to school at the silent auction.  I didn't even know about it until a week before their visit.  They were able to arrange it for Wednesday of the week we were gone.  We asked a couple of families to join the kids and they had a great time touring through town, going through the car line and getting dropped off at school!  What a special experience.



It's Here!

S arrived first! 

Everyone ready to ride!

Artsy photo, like "The Bean" in Chicago!

T: I just tried out the front seat!

Ready to go, but where is T? 

T: Here I am!

Judy followed the truck (with the backpacks) as they toured through town!

They went through the regular car line!  How fun!

Judy got a quick pic before she was sent back to her car for disrupting the car line haha. 

After the trip the kids made thank you cards for the fire chief.

T's drawing. 

T's words

M's drawing and words. 


The kids had mustache night at iGnite. 
One Saturday they went to swimming lessons and a laser tag place that also has arcade games.  It was more for older kids, but I think they had some fun. 

I can't believe this used to terrify  me!
M: I love car games!

The finished their time with the Grands with a trip to a new (to them) YMCA.  The kids and grandparents all loved it! 

The jumping pad things took some skill.  I guess it was VERY funny to watch the kids try to get across the water when they started.  Eventually they learned how to navigate quite well.

T: I did it!

M: You have to steady yourself before moving to the next one. 

M: Here I go!

T: I wonder when it is going to dump on me!

I am so thankful that the kids will have these special memories of times with their Grandma Judy and Grandpa Tom!

No comments: