Thursday, September 20, 2018

Who sleeps here?

I am not sure if I have written about this previously on the blog, but 2018 has brought about some HUGE changes for our family in regards to sleeping arrangements.  In January M decided that he no longer needed me to sleep with him.  I moved into the office for the transition as it seemed I was still needed most nights.  I was sleeping on three crib mattresses and not getting super quality sleep.  After a few months of back and forth we instituted the dime policy.  The kids each get a dime each day at the end of the day.  If they come into our room in the night, need us to sleep with them, or come and wake us before 7:00am it costs them a dime.  This system has proved fabulous for our family!  We were having such success with it that we decided sometime in May or June (I think) that I should move back into "our bedroom" for the first time in eight years!  Brandon and I were both used to sleeping alone or with a small child vs. an adult so we knew that in order to sleep successfully we would need some modifications.  The best modification for us is having our own bedding.  This way if we toss and turn in the night we don't steal covers. After a month of adjusting to each other's sleep patterns I think we are able to sleep pretty normally now.   M got into a little rut where he was coming into our room frequently so I decided to start charging him two dimes and that has proved successful overall! 

Our bed was made by our daughter!  

No comments: