Monday, January 21, 2019

Lux Fest

For several years Brandon has taken the kids to a unique festival with the "sheep in the parade."  I decided this year I wanted to attend.  Charissa and I and the kids met up with our friend Kim and her family.  The parade did not disappoint.  It was uniquely diverse and the sheep totally showed up!  

Hugs all around!

The SHEEP!

Buddies!
After the parade we all walked to the festival grounds.  It was quite a warm day and the kids were not prepared for the walking we needed to do.  Next time I will vote to watch the parade and park much closer to the festival grounds! 



M and T: We love the fifth quarter show.

I was impressed!

They got the kids in on the action.

After the band left our kids decided to entertain the crowd!

The festival is quite impressive.  I wish we would have been better prepared to stay and enjoy it.  They had a magic show, free bounce houses, booths, and much more.

T: It was fun but we were hot and hungry.

As were were walking through the booths God provided for us in a unique way.  Mixed among the craft venders was a booth from a church.  They had free little things for the kids to do and FREE WATER!  It was amazing!  I felt like the Israelites might have felt when God brought water from the rock.  I didn't have any cash on me and we were all so thirsty.  They truly blessed us with their cold water.  They also has a nice shade tent that the kids enjoyed chilling under for a minute before the walk back to the car.  

I am excited to attend this festival again next summer!

No comments: