Saturday, January 12, 2019

MO Roadtrip!! Day at the Lake/Major Tooth Filling and a Wedding/Fourth of July at the Farm...Three (Five) Days of Fun!


I have to be honest... July was a long, long time ago!  I can't remember all the details of this trip to MO, but looking at the pictures I do KNOW that we were insanely busy the entire time!  It is such a treasure to be with family.  I hope you enjoy a glimpse into our time with Brandon's family. 

One of the very special parts about this year's annual 4th of July trip to MO was that Brandon's cousin got married during our time there.  She has such a special love story.  Our whole extended family could see they were perfect for each other years before they both got the memo!  It was such a sweet celebration of love and family and Jesus! 

Day One July 4th:
As I shared in the last post, we started our vacation on the 4th!  I don't recall anything too crazy happening during our travels so they must have been at least somewhat uneventful!  I remember being quite shocked by how little traffic there was for a holiday.

The kids were thrilled to spend time with Spot the cat and cousins A and A right after we arrived!  The only other big thing from this day I remember which isn't pictured is the mustard chicken.  I know Tom grilled chicken for dinner and I know I ate a lot of it... equal amounts sauce and chicken of course :) 


M: I sure do love Spot (little did he know that his future cats were being  born right around this time!)

T: A is a good driver!

There were many sticks in the yard and after some negotiations the girls picked up the sticks for a penny a stick or something like that.  I think they started breaking sticks to make more money so they ended up each getting $1.

T: Check out my stick pile!

T: We actually had to haul the sticks away too.  It was a pretty big job. 

Day Two July 5th: 
Day Two started with a morning and early afternoon of fun at the lake.  The kids all had a great time. Brandon's cousin T joined us as well.  It was special for him to be with us and helpful to have another big person since Judy and Adrienne were helping decorate for the wedding.  



T: I started off with A on the tube but I only wanted to go slow!

T: Then I got on the tube with A (the other A) and only wanted to go slow. 

M: The girls wanted to go so slow.  It was easy to go no handed. 

T: I felt so much safer with Daddy!  Then we could go faster. 

T: A was floating away so Daddy kept us all close together. 

T: The best setup of all.  Daddy protected A and I so we both felt happy!

This day marked M's first day to try skiing.  He did wonderful and got up on the second try!  I am so proud of him.  These skis help kiddos learn which is awesome.  The hard thing is the rope had these knots in it to adjust for height and when M was pulled up the knots went down so he had to ski hunched over.  We promised him we would figure out something before next summer.

M: I am glad Grandpa Tom was in the water with me.

M: I was ready but a little nervous. 

M: I did it!  I got up!

M: I really had to bend over.  It was hard work!

T: This ski trainer is good enough for me this year!

Fun on the boat!

Ready, Set, Jump!!!


The weather started off great for water sports, but I noticed some dark clouds in the sky.  My phone was safely tucked away so I didn't get any photos, but the clouds looked horrible.  Just as I was making a plea to Tom to head back to the boat launch we heard loud thunder! Amazingly we raced back to the launching area and got the kids out of the boat before major lightening hit.  The kids and I ran so fast to the van and made it seconds before the downpour began.  Poor Tom and Brandon had to deal with the boat.  Once the boat was loaded up we at lunch at a marina and watched another round of rain hit the area.  I can't really remember the timeline, but I think that part of our group went home in one vehicle and the other part stayed longer so Tom could try to drain water out of the boat.  Thankfully we all got safely home.  Amazingly they had only had a sprinkle at Brandon's parents house (less than 30 miles from the lake). 

After our fun and full day at the lake it was time to get the girls bathed and ready for the rehearsal and dinner.  M and I stayed at the house with many other extended family members. 

Brandon's cousin married a man with Indian heritage.  The rehearsal dinner was a special time for the girls, bridesmaids, and bride to wear sari's.  T and A were so precious in their dresses.  

Stunning girls!

T: We loved being E's flower girls!

After the rehearsal the family had a dinner.  The kids decided to climb all over the bride's father (Brandon's uncle).

T: A and I do all the same things!

T: Uncle BJ is so much fun!

T: A was giving me rides after we wore BJ out!

Day Three July 6th:

The wedding day finally arrived.  We decided to head into the dental office in the morning for some quick checks before the wedding festivities began.  I was checked first and it was discovered that one of my old very large fillings was in distress and needed to be dealt with that day.  Tom did the kids exams and sent them home.  Tom and I had a marathon dentist visit that ended with a new filling and a very numb mouth and tongue.  I told Tom I had no feeling in my tongue and he told me to make sure I didn't bite it.  It was such a funny sight to see and hear my I am sure.  I couldn't even drink water without it going every direction.  When Tom and I finally made it home I couldn't eat due to the numbness.  I was a grouchy mommy so decided to eat like four squeeze pouches and go for a walk.  Tom told me that a faster metabolism will allow the numbing to end more quickly so I decided a work out couldn't hurt.  

T: I loved the exam.  M: I was the assistant. 
T:  My grandpa is a good dentist. 

M: I decided to take a little snooze.

T: D showed me some of the tools!
M: I had to open wide!

T: I opened wide too!

While I was walking off some steam, the girls were getting their hair done by Adrienne!  Grandma Judy helped with the make-up (or rather the make-up control).

T: I am glad A knows how to do fancy hair!

T: Don't you love it?

T: Make me beautiful Grandma!

Once the girls were dolled up it was time to have the professional photos taken.  We were fortunate enough to have some taken at Tom and Judy's house... super convenient!

T: Daddy put on my necklace from E!

T: We are ready for the photos to begin!
T: We just wanted to stay close to all the pretty girls!
T: Holding fancy things and feeling fancy!
T: Finally it was our turn with E!

Setting up a cool shot.

The cool shot from afar...

The professional version!  So lovely!
T: They wanted me to look down at the flowers!

T: Then they said I could look up.

T: I sure loved being a flower girl with my cousin!

T: I got some awesome flowers!
T: We wanted to have a little fun after the photos... why was everyone so concerned about our clothes? 

I got back from the walk with enough time to get showered, dressed and ready and take a quick pic with my little guy.  I was still numb and mildly grouchy, but at least I had some steps :)

M: A and I were ushers and needed to match!

M: We have the programs covered!!
M: See how good we are at our job!

The girls did great as flower girls although I don't actually have any photos of them coming down the aisle.
Our only photo from the ceremony :) 

After the ceremony the kids were patiently waiting for photos to be taken.

Sweet of the girls, but the boys struggled. 

And this is as good as we got!

T: I sure do love Big T!
T: He makes us laugh!

The Whole Family!!  

E's side of the family!

After the wedding we want to the dinner and dance.

Our family all spiffied up for the wedding!

T: We loved the fancy drinks!

We decided to take some family photos in the hopes of getting a Christmas gem!

Tom and Judy with the Grands!

The real photo!

Funny Photo Take One!

Funny Photo Take Two!

T and T are so much fun!

Such sweet cousins!

The kids watching the first dance... priceless!

T: I have a lot of fun with Big A!


The girls danced and danced and dance!
T: Some of the big guys danced with us!

T: We put our arms in... sometimes we were right sometimes we were left. 

T: A and I were good dancing partners!

M: A and I collected and broke LOTS of glow sticks! 

The night ended with very overtired children in full meltdown mode.  We made it home safely and thankfully they all slept in the next morning!


Day Four July 7th: 

Our final full day in MO was spent at Brandon's grandparent's farm which is now run by his uncle.  Spending the day there is always a tradition and we did it all... even though we were all quite tired after the wedding the day and night before! 

When we arrived at the farm A was driving his dirt bike.  M was quite impressed and wanted to drive it and of course also get his own dirt bike. 

M: I can't believe A has a dirt bike!

After lots of conversation it was determined that M and T could ride the bike with Brandon driving and wearing all the protective gear.
M:  I look pretty tough!

M: I was ready to ride!

M: It was pretty fun. 

After M it was T's turn.  She was all dressed in patriotic clothes... the perfect mini- biker babe look!

T: This stuff is heavy!

#merica  Haha... I am not really into that hashtag, but man does it fit this photo of T's back! 

T: I am set!


T: Here we go!
T: I liked cruising with Daddy and smiling to everyone!
T: Daddy took a  turn alone... he looks a little large for the bike. 

Time for a wardrobe change :) 

Uncle Curtis has a couple of dogs.  Elsa is my kiddos favorite dog!


T: I just love Elsa!

M: I love Elsa too!
Soon it was time to start prepping for the parade.  This year A was a part of it with his dirt bike.

Clearly A needed some patriotic apparel! 
A: How do I look? 
M: It was hard for me to not have my own dirt bike, but I got to ride in the Mule with T and T!
The main float!
The main float in action!

Three official parade entries and one dog! 
After the parade it was time to move to a different part of the yard to launch rockets (not to be confused with fireworks)!  We only had varying success this year with M's not getting very far off the ground.  

Ready to watch!
M: I sure have great family!
T: Blast Off!!

T: Look at it go Daddy!
T: My rocket went in the cow pasture, good thing I was dressed for the occasion!
T: Daddy lifted me up like a rocket!
M: That is about as high as mine went! 

After the rockets we had some time to just hang out and chat.  I am pretty sure several adults were inside taking a nap.  I think some children might have been watching a movie.  I even got in a little walk on the country roads.  We roasted hotdogs and marshmallows over the fire and relaxed.

Catching up and reflecting on the lovely wedding!
No idea why this was taken, but it looks like he is passionate about something!

T: I try this face when I really want something.  

T: We love Aunt Valerie!

A rare photo of the two of us. 

Soon it was time for B and has girlfriend (now soon to be wife) to leave.  The girls were not impressed that he wasn't staying for the fireworks.

T: We tried to get B to stay!
T: He couldn't move very well when we did this!

After eating many people played an annual game of baseball while we waited for it to get dark enough for fireworks.

M: I wish I could be with T and T every day!

So thankful for this wonderful Sister-in law!!! 

T: I love sitting with Jeanette!

The fireworks are about to begin!  

It was a very late night by the time we got back to Tom and Judy's.  The kids were also having a slumber party.  We told everyone to please sleep in!!


Day Five 8th:

I am quite sure the kids slept in well that day.  Even after getting up they didn't last long and took a morning nap before breakfast! 

M: I wanted to get up but I couldn't stay awake. 

M: A couldn't stay awake either!

I lumped all the breakfast photos together because I can't tell which day they are from.

Grandpa Tom, the pancake chef!
M and T:  YUMMY!!!
M: Thanks for the cat Grandpa Tom!

The girls wanted girl pancakes. 

As we packed and loaded the van Spot the cat and the piano provided some good entertainment.
M: Spot is such a great cat!!

T:  Grandma Judy taught me a new song.  I love piano! 
I am quite sure the drive home was uneventful.  We were all so weary after the most jam packed trip to MO ever.  We made so many great memories.  It was fun to reflect back on the weekend six months later.  We are very blessed with a wonderful family! 

No comments: