Thursday, January 10, 2019

Summer School Showcase

Our summer school program runs for 5 weeks each summer.  Last summer was the first year that T was able to participate.  On the last day of each session the children perform in showcases.  Each of the kids performed at the first showcase.  T did some drumming and M did some sign language.  I think my favorite part was seeing T carry in the big drum.  The bleachers are full of parents and her little body carrying the big drum was a crowd pleaser :) 

T: My drum was pretty heavy!

T: I really liked the class!

T: We pounded along with "The Greatest Showman!" 

M was not super thrilled with sign language, but stuck it out.  The kids learned so much in 2.5 weeks it baffled me.

The whole class doing "The Greatest Showman" (clearly popular this summer) 

M: I guess it is a cool skill to know! 

No comments: