Thursday, August 22, 2019

A beautiful tradition. A new tradition.

I was such a good blogger back in February and March... and then I went to Mexico and came back and wrote a post promising to blog.  It was a lie... because it that was April and now it is late August.  At any rate, I remembered how to get back on to blogger and I have an itch to blog so we will see how ambitious I am this time.

The reason I believe I have some potential to actually blog now is that my kids are on a vacation with grandparents and I have time at home to catch up on things like the blog.  It feels so good to have this time to sit in the quiet.  Brandon's parents have taken the kids for a few summers now and it is such a treat and a gift for both Brandon and me.  Today I have been sorting papers and making my house look messier and messier, but it is just the storm before the calm and soon things will be more organized than they have been in a while.  I am so thankful for this wonderful tradition.

The new tradition is something that T suggested we do on the drive to meet the grandparents yesterday.  She wanted to do a license plate Bingo but since I didn't have time to find a cute game on pinterest make one, we just printed off a list of the 50 states.  I drove a little over three hours to meet them and then turned around and came home.  T tired of the game after about 30 minutes, but I was excited to continue and it made the driving a lot more engaging.  Would you believe I saw 28 states and 3 provinces?  Impressive.  I think I have found a new long trip hobby.  I feel like I had a really good first round though... will I ever be able to break this record?  I will have to keep you posted on the journey next week when I pick them up.

So how is this whole blogging thing going to work?  Well, since I am still blogging about February events I will get to relive the highlights with all of you as I share the pictures from long ago in a hopefully fast version of at least two posts a day.  I also plan to try to post in real time too.  T has a surgery coming up in a week and I do plan to post some updates on here about the surgery and the recovery.

Stay tuned to see if I can follow through with my posting commitments.

No comments: