Sunday, August 29, 2021

June Endings

The second half of June was spent doing many outdoor things, enjoying summer vacation and relaxing.  Here are some photo highlights. This is a good mixture of events.  Our July and August were so busy so I am thankful to look back and see that our June was much less chaotic. 

One day T called me down to the basement to take a picture of her gathering sticks and putting them in the box.  She wanted her OT to see her hard work.

T: I think Miss K would be proud of me.

One evening before family read aloud time (an amazing time launched by covid) T put a roll of duct tape on her ankle and couldn't get it off.

T: I eventually was freed! It took a long time.  I might have learned a lesson.  I am not sure.

One night T insisted she was not hungry at dinner time.  By bedtime she was REALLY struggling.  She was raging for a long long time., and finally my assistance was requested.  I was asking all different sorts of things that might help or things we could do.  I said, "Do you want a pickle and some peanut butter?"  She actually said she did and that is what turned around the chaos.  Even when she says she isn't hungry we have to find ways to get her to eat protein.  
T: This is the perfect bedtime snack.
... and then she fell asleep!

We had a "not a potluck" hang out evening at our house and of course a ladder ball went over the church and onto the roof.  M was thrilled to help retrieve it.

M: It was pretty fun to be up there!

 

Brandon and T did some major landscaping work one Saturday morning, but what this picture doesn't show is the real story of that day...  I was walking and talking with a friend.  When I came home from the walk Brandon asked if I knew were T was.  He was cleaning gutters and she disappeared.  She was not in our house or yard.  I texted the neighbors and walked around looking for her.  It happened to be our community garage sale day.  Just as a neighbor was texting suggesting that I check one I did and there she was happily shopping.  Brandon joined her at the sale and then she asked if she could stay a bit longer and the neighbor didn't mind.  When she came home she told M that she overpaid for her purse so she could say, "Keep the change you filthy animal."  M was shocked and told Brandon.  We then learned that T had asked her earlier if she had ever seen Home Alone.  Apparently she said the phrase with conviction just like the guy in the movie. She keeps us on our toes, and months later I still laugh when I think about it.

T: I love using the big cutters.
What a silly cat.  (I am not sure why the picture is like this)


The window is open and the cats are in their happy place!
 
Happy Father's Day!!!!  We sure are thankful for Brandon.  What an incredible dad he is!
M filled out some questions about Brandon.

So touching.

T worked hard on her questions too!

We were finally reunited with Coco and she was VERY happy to see T!! 

I had a huge water blister on my foot and Brandon encouraged me to pop it with a needle.  It became a family affair and Brandon captured the moment of the pop.  It almost looks staged, but shows our personalities well.

T is curious, M is slightly grossed out, and I am amazed.


Finally towards the end of June, the kids were able to ride the horses.


Looking good.
No hands!  Working on balance and core strength.
Way to go, T!


The kids and I were in the car and a storm was brewing, so I handed them the phone to get a pic.
Some days we all just need a rest. 

SO POWERFUL!!!!!!


Another softball game.  This was Brandon's last game of the season before all the eye issues.  He had a great game.  It was so fun to hang out with the church family and cheer!
 

Yahoo!!!!

T: I love chocolate graham crackers with oreos inside.  Oh dear...

More happy fans.

This is where T and her friends can be spotted during most playgroups!

No comments: