Friday, June 13, 2008

Refections from the Word today

Psalm 119:133 "Direct my footsteps according to your Word; let no sin rule over me."
Oh that I could be totally directed by God's Word. Today as I was walking I stepped in wet cement water (the stuff that runs into the gutter when new cement is laid and is sort of cement). The sidewalk was blocked off due to the actual cement drying so naturally I walking in the gutter to avoid the wet stuff. I quickly realized how easily I direct my steps according to convenience each day. No, God's Word doesn't tell me which side of the street to walk on to avoid a wet shoe, but it guides my steps perfectly so I will be prepared for the figurative "cement water" of sin that tries to pop into my life when I am enjoying a stroll!

Galatians 3:3-4 "Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? Have you suffered so much for nothing-if it was really for nothing?"
OK, first thought every time I read this passage is... conviction. Yes, there is always something in life I am clinging to tightly to. Right now as Brandon and I struggle through the ups and downs of longing for a baby there are temptations around every corner to "attain our goal" for ourselves. What a wonderful reminder God's Word gives to continue walking in the Spirit!!
May we all continue in the Spirit today!


1 comment:

Ana said...

It is a wonderful thought to know that God's word will direct us and will never lead us astray. May we always seek His guidance and way! And may we learn to let go of those things to which we cling, knowing God knows what's best.