Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Number FIVE!!!

We had a fifth Snow Day yesterday!  I can't even believe this winter. We took pictures of the kids by the snow hills this morning because the boulevard snow is as tall as or taller than them.  They didn't want to take the pictures, but I told them that this is the winter they will remember as adults and compare other winters to.  So.Much.Snow!!!

We got things done around the house in the morning and then Charissa and her kids came over in the late afternoon.  They were delayed in their arrival because they got stuck in their driveway!

I went walking this morning in the snow and had so much fun.  I felt like a seven year old surrounded by the tall snow banks.  The sun is shining, the snow is sparkling, and I have had no less than three cups of cocoa mint tea.  Feeling quite blessed today!

As much as I love the snow, I am fine if we don't have any more snow days for a while.  The kids are gearing up for another short week because we already have a scheduled day off this Friday.  We have gone to school 3 days, 2 days, 5 days, 2 days for the last 4 weeks!  What a winter.

In other news, I am still trying to get the Christmas Day post up by tomorrow.  This shouldn't be a problem, but the after Christmas road trip the following day will be tricky.  I hope to spend a few hours on it tonight and see how much headway I can get.  Either way, I do think I will be caught up by the end of the month!

No comments: