Monday, August 27, 2018

Local Wildlife

Our home may be located in the middle of our community, but that doesn't stop wildlife from walking through our yard.  We have seen many different types of animals in our years here.  The deer love our yard and our garden.  We are constantly having to modify fences to protect our garden.  I do find the wildlife enjoyable even if they do eat our plants and leave presents all over our yard. 

One morning I went out for a walk and met this Mallard pair.  They were right on our front step when I walked out, but flew waddled to the street before I could get a picture. 

Just out for a morning stroll!

One evening after the kids went to bed Brandon and I sat out on the patio and enjoyed the lovely weather.  While we were sitting a deer just walked right through the yard.
He wasn't afraid to get pretty close. 

Deer: Man, they are watching... I will come back for a snack later. 

No comments: