Friday, August 24, 2018

The lost shall be found!

This picture seems like such a simple photo of M holding a few library books.  To me, it is so much more than that.  You see, M loved the Cul-De-Sac Kids books this Spring and we were checking them out of the library left and right.  After reading the books he would take Accelerated Reading tests on them at school.  He would bring in the books so he could find the right titles and authors.  Many books were going back and forth and these three books were not coming home.  I renewed them and then I renewed them again and we still didn't see them.  I searched the house over and over again.  I sent notes to the teacher and she had the kids look in the book bins and in the desks.  The books were MIA.  I called the library and they gave us an additional month to find them.  

One day after school M told me he found the books.  I was happy until he told me he was joking.  Then a few weeks later, just when I had given up hope of ever seeing the books again he told me once again that the books had been found.  I scolded him on the way to the van telling him I wasn't in the mood for jokes.  He then told me he was totally serious.  A girl in his class found one on a classroom shelf and then another and then another.  They were all found.  I was so overjoyed that I shouted and clapped and cheered and maybe even cried.  I felt just like the woman in the parable of the lost coin!  So much joy!  

Ironically, I just called the library yesterday about an Adventure in Odyssey CD that is missing.  The library gave us an additional month to find it.  I have searched everywhere.  I fear that it was set on an open book and then the book closed and was returned to the library and we will never find it.  I will keep you all posted.  
M: This was a very happy day!

No comments: