Tuesday, June 22, 2021

I really can't beleive it!

 I am sitting in my living room with a cat at my feet.  Everything is quiet.  I do not hear "moooom!!!!" being yelled from a different level of the house.  There is no bickering.  I do not hear the sound of a podcast, movie or show.  It is blissful silence.  For the very first time since March 13th 2020 my children are participating in something together away from the home this week!

They have done the summer rec program for years and years so the concept isn't new.  After over 18 months of basically being with them almost 24 hours a day, it feels pretty odd to have them away from me.  My mind is spinning with all the things I want to do and need to do.  Of course blogging is on the list!  

Yesterday was my first day without them home and I felt frantic all afternoon trying to get 18 months of things done in one day.  I made a dinner that had way too many steps and dirty dishes. Today I feel a bit more at ease.  I think my to do items are realistic.  I am not sure how long it will be before I give myself permission to just rest.  Hopefully it will happen soon.  Park is weather dependent, and we have many potential rain days coming up, so I think this messes with my ability to really relax. 

Hopefully you will be catching some photo posts from me soon!

No comments: