Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"...then he skated a victory lap with his daughter, Jane"

Every time I hear these words tears fill my eyes! The Olympics are pretty amazing! I am sure there are some of you who don't agree with me. I know that the Olympics are about competition, earthly treasure, idols etc... I can see where some people wouldn't like them, but that is not how I see the Olympics at all!

I treasure the parade of nations at the opening ceremonies. It is so beautiful to see people representing countries from all over the world! It is beautiful to see countries who "hate" each other experience life and joy together. It is beautiful to see a rainbow of people, different, yet the same. All the countries marching in gets me so excited for "every tribe, every people..." who will be represented in heaven one day! It is beautiful to see athletes encourage and congratulate each other throughout the games. They share a bond that goes beyond country lines.

I also spend much time praying for the Olympics as I know that people with Athletes in Action (campus crusade) do intense evangelism and ministry during this time. Athletes, coaches, and families from VERY closed countries have the opportunity to hear the Gospel! I get chills just thinking about it. Friends, imagine if just a few of these athletes would open their hearts to Jesus. Their home countries revere them, and they would have a huge opportunity to present their Life changing Olympic experience. I think that with the tragedy that happened before the games began, many athletes could be pondering the frailty of life like never before... the door is open friends. Lets be praying for treasure from these games that does not rust!!!!!

No comments: