Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Labor Day Weekend!

On Wednesday night before Labor Day weekend I was up late working on the computer (blogging actually) when I got an email from my sister in law Adrienne.  She asked if we were still interested in having them join Brandon's parents for a trip to our home for the weekend.  I ran up the stairs and asked Brandon who agreed we should say YES and wrote right back to say we would be delighted to have them come up for the weekend. 
Thursday and Friday quickly became much busier as I prepared our home and fridge for six house guests instead of two.  The crew arrived around midnight on Friday night.  We quickly got situated for the night and went to bed. 

A joke throughout the weekend was attempting to get all four kids in a photo at once.  You will a few photos from the weekend with all four in the frame.  Not great photos, but great time together.  Also, you will notice me commenting on many of the photos along with or instead of my children.  I just have too much to say I guess.

Saturday morning much of the crew went biking.  Our dear neighbors and friends were able to lend two bikes and an additional Burley cart to our family for the day so that Grandpa Tom, Adrienne, Brandon along with all four kiddos were able to go biking. 
Check out T and M's expressions in this photo... Just like their mom/dad!  Note all 4 in the frame!

M: I'm glad you came to visit.  A: Me too!  (I love this photo)

T: Hey girlfriend, I think you are in my seat.  A:  Yeah, I will move eventually I am just having fun with M.  M: T, sometimes Brother needs to spend time with other people.

Ready to Ride!

It was a huge undertaking to get everyone ready for the adventure.  Snacks, drinks, sunscreen, bathroom breaks, diapers, wipes, helmets, cameras, tissues and even toys to play with all needed to be gathered.  They were then "un-gathered" over and over again by the two adorable one year old girls.  It was around 10:30 when they finally took off on the big biking journey. 

M: I hope a car honks soon.  T:  Hey, when M bends down and I go on my tiptoes I am taller than him.  (Best shot of all four of them from the whole weekend)


While I was not there to give first person testimony, I heard that everyone had a great time and truly enjoyed the biking and the company. 

After the bike trip and an Arby's lunch it was nap time for at least 80% of the family.  After nap Grandma Judy got out the bubble stuff and the kids had a blast playing with the bubbles in the back yard.  Cameras and even video totally fail to capture the joy, awe and delight of this time. There was also much sliding and swinging and biking and laughing and photo taking... and even a quick dental exam. :)   (Photo overload... but what to leave out... also they are out of order)

M: I've got it!

Check out the line of photographers...

T: Hey, how come my shoe fell off when I stepped in the bubble stuff?

Awesome action shot!

T, M, and A: HIGHER!!!!

All four in the frame!

 It is so much fun to sit and just enjoy watching our kids laugh with their grandparents.  What a blessing that we all cherish!

T: I know my feet can't actually touch the pedals, but I am pretty sure I can do it on my own if you want to let go.

T: I like my own personal drive threw dental exam.

T: Look, both my shoes are still on.  Clearly I had not fully "experienced" the bubbles yet.


M: Watch out bubble I am going to get you!

T: I think if I splash this stuff hard enough I can make some bubbles appear too.

T: I am waving my wand, but where are the bubbles?

Crazy shot!  This is supposed to be a sweet photo of T, but in the last second both A and M came into the shot to get a bubble.  You can see a tiny bit of T's wand in back of A. 


T and A:  Those boys wear us out!

T: Hmm, looks like the hose is dripping some tasty water. 
T: Yes, the water is right there.  It is calling to me. 

T: Yummy.  So refreshing.
T: What?  You mean you didn't drink from a hose when you were my age?

After getting cleaned up from all the stickiness we headed to our favorite restaurant to eat.  After a tasty meal we went to a local ice cream shop for some after dinner treats. 
M: Now we are both chocolate!

We had quite a few calories to walk off so we went down to the Lake and enjoyed talking with fishermen and checking out bait, saying hi to some ducks, looking and boats and people, and the sunset back over land from the docks.  What a lovely night.  Sadly, the uphill walk home with four tired children was not incredible but they actually did pretty well. 
Watching ducks.

M: I hope they jump out of the bucket.  T: I am a little trapped up here.  I would LOVE to play with that water and those cute little fish!

Sunday morning we went to church and came home for some tasty grilled food.

(Early morning I think) M: Read "the robbers" please.  (This is what M calls the story of the the Good Samaritan.) 
Not stellar at all, but check out M's "hungry orphan" pose.  He didn't try to pose this way it just happened. 

Four cuties ready for church.  This is as close and clean as we could get the kiddos.
 After naps we headed to the beach at the Lake. Actually, first we did a lot of packing and gathering and playing while gathering things needed for the beach.

T: I hope he does the "L" flap so I can give a big lion roar. 

Such a sweet girl!

Indoor rafting while big people packed.
 We arrived just as the clouds were taking over.  We managed to get in an hour of play before the rain started. We arrived back home full of sand and shivering, but after hosing off outside and baths inside we were all happy and cozy. 
A perfect holiday weekend with family.

Four sand loving cousins.

Why didn't I get this suit in every size they had.  So cute!

Our "best" family photo!

T: I love the water!  LOVE IT! (First time IN the water at the Lake!)

T: This is great!!!



M: I am going to fill this hole.  T: I am not sure about that M.

T: Maybe I should get this sand out of the hole so I can try to climb in it.

M: I am a busy construction man.

M: A little father Grandpa Tom.  FYI I am the shorter one and Grandpa Tom is the taller one.  We are wearing matching clothes so I wanted to make sure you knew who was who.

M: I love swimming with you Grandpa Tom.
M: Yay, A is going to join us!
Monday morning the whole crew packed back up and headed home.  I am forgetting many of the smaller details, but I remember the fun that we had and the memories that we made. 


An added note: 
The two little girls are so much alike.  They are just 2 months apart and it is incredible to see all their shared interests.  They are both great sleepers... well, they are great sleepers when they are in their element. They both love to sleep alone. To allow all of us to get the best sleep T slept in her room all by herself and A slept in the main floor powder room the final night.  She and her whole family slept much better that night.  A travel crib fits perfectly in our powder room and we all managed to use the other bathrooms just fine.  I guess it makes the perfect bedroom for a one year old.

No comments: