Saturday, November 2, 2019

5 Deer... oh Dear!

One Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago I was walking along and suddenly noticed 5 deer in the street ahead of me.  Suddenly a car turned on the street and a biker was cruising on the other sidewalk.  They started walking towards me very quickly... the whole herd!  I was on the phone with my mom at the time.  I stopped and started talking to them which caused them to stop.  After the biker and car were gone they moved over to the street.  Deer can look so calm and small, but when they are running towards you, it feels very different.  The photo below isn't zoomed in at all. This is how close they got to be before I started to talk loudly to them and they stopped.  Who knows how close they would have come.  

Please don't come any closer! 

No comments: