Wednesday, October 20, 2010

BIG NEWS! Three weeks from today...

we will be holding our sweet Baby-M. We will meet him in person. We will know him in more than two dimensions! Even as I type I am in total shock! This is news we knew would come sometime, but for it to come now, so quickly, is causing us to just fall on our faces before our great King who has a plan so much bigger than ours!

So are you curious for details?

We had been praying that we would hear of a court date by the end of the month. We didn't think it would really be possible, but we we hoping and praying big prayers. Last week we learned that we would be able to travel to Ethiopia for either court date. In the past (since the two trip rule) two dates were given to families. The first court date was where the bio family could come and much other legal things. The second court date was for the family to say they did want to adopt the child. They now decided that families can come to the earlier court date. This will also speed up the process to the Embassy date when we will actually get to take Baby-M home.

What, you don't get to take him home?

It is true, if you are new to following this blog you might not know that we indeed have to make two trips to Ethiopia. We will be home for a month or two between trips. Yes, that will be the hardest thing I have ever done, to meet and then leave my son, but by God's grace I will be able to do it!

How did you find out?

After a great two day retreat I was hoping to come home to a phone message or email. Sadly, we received neither. Last night, just as Brandon headed to a meeting, I checked my email and we got the best email ever. It was entitled "court" and told us that we indeed had a court date!!! I then was shaking like crazy and had to wait almost 2 hours to tell Brandon. I did as much research as I could in that time though we still have SO MUCH to do!

When do you travel?

Our court dates are in mid-November, actually pretty early November. We will give you specific dates in you really want to know (to pray). We will be in ET for about a week so we can see the beautiful country of our son and get to know him!

We have much to do now as we count down the days. My "to-do" list is so long (flights, places to stay, things to do etc) that I can't write too long! Please join us in praising God for this great news!! We will post prayer requests soon, but now, just praise God with us!

No comments: