Monday, March 4, 2019

Joy on my table!

Last fall I made a festive little centerpiece with leaves and a pumpkin and a turkey!  It brought me joy  from September through November.  I made a Christmas/winter arrangement for December and January and decided to continue the tradition for February with a Valentine's themed centerpiece.  The goal is to use things I have and spend as little money as possible.  I already had the quilted piece so I only needed to add the flair.  I went to Dollar tree and picked up a vase, candle, and wall hanging metal heart and called it a day.  Most days most of life and most of our house if in chaos, but our kitchen table is clean and joyful and that fills my heart with warmth.  I know it seems so silly, but I can't tell you the number of times I have walked in the kitchen and smiled at the sight of this centerpiece.  Little things can make a big difference in our moods and self care, especially on dark winter days. 

Yes, I now have a new one for St. Patricks Day and am thinking ahead to Easter too.  I am glad to have Dollar Tree for added touches! 

A happy table. 

No comments: