Sunday, July 18, 2021

A Fully Vaccinated Visit from Grandparents!!

My parents came the first weekend after my mom was fully vaccinated.  It was so wonderful to be able to have them indoors with us for the weekend.  The kids didn't waste any time picking up where they left off and loving on my parents.  We probably went a little overboard with the photos, but after seeing each only one time for a short amount of time in 18 months, we made up for it I guess.

T: I love to style Grandpa Daryl's hair and beard.
M: I taught Grandpa the game Shut the Box. 
My mom took lots of fun pictures of me and my curly haired (just out of a braid) daughter.
Check out my dad and M!!!

Awww
Three of my favorite guys on one couch.
My dad is so engaged, and I love it.
T loves to provide tech support.
 
 
T: Do you like my curly hair?

Would three cat photos overkill?  Yes!  Am I going to include three cat photos?  Also, yes!
Looks like they were about to rub noses.

Such awesome cats.

Buttercup will try to sleep in a box even if it is half his size!


Can't get enough Grandpa Daryl.

 
Since my parents were here from Thursday afternoon until Saturday morning they were able to be here for school on Friday.  T was proud to show my dad her skills.
T: I think Grandpa was impressed.
My mom was talking for a while about bringing her norwex cloths and helping me wash windows.  This is a task that does not happen much around here.  She was true to her word, and washed a whole level of windows while she was here.  I can't believe what a difference it made, I was speechless. Thanks, mom!
 
Hard at work and looking great!

More Shut the Box.


Reading cuddles
 
Yahtzee!
 
Watching my dad try to teach the kids the finger trick was so precious.  They still have a bit of work to do to refine their skills. 

First you put your hands like this.

Then wrap you fingers over like this.
Then pull and it looks like the top is gone.

My mom got the whole family involved in washing the windows.
T's turn.

M's turn.

My turn.

T sang some Hamilton while we worked.


Cuddles that turned into...

wrestling and giggling.

We walked down to the Lake.  It was chilly, but beautiful.


We get to live here!

The guys!

The chilly girls.

So thankful!

A little game of HORSE.

We had a campfire, but I didn't last long.  It was very cold out and I was feeling like the celebration of being vaccinated was that we no longer have to endure the cold outdoor gatherings.
M was giving the fire more of a chance this time.

M: I do like burning sticks.

On Saturday morning T was putting on a concert for us all.

T: I was singing the songs from "If you give a mouse a cookie."
M: I needed one last cuddle.
T: Me too!
He is so patient.
T decided to continue the concert while wearing an old pair of Brandon's glasses.
Then M sang us a song too!
We made it through the months of Safer at Home!!!
I love seeing them together.
This one is a bit more realistic.

M said about 50 (or more) times "I don't want you to go."  Finally they had to get in the vehicle and M joined them.

The final goodbye.  Together time always goes so quickly.

No comments: