Saturday, July 18, 2020

Summer Vacation Week 4 (Part 1)

Monday -6/29   This was the day we had been waiting for, the first day of Park.  Sadly, we knew that our kids would not be at Park for the start of things.  M was still pretty passionate about going eventually so they remained signed up and M desperately hoped his fever would disappear.  There were lots of emotions about Park.  

T had OT in the morning and her amazing OT taught both kids some origami projects.  It was fun for everyone.  I did the very hard puzzle while they did origami.  

T: I love learning new origami designs. 

After an early lunch we headed to an eye dr follow up for Brandon.  His light sensitivity wasn't going away and it just seemed like his healing was off.  The appointment was LONG, but thankfully we had several games and snacks with us to keep us going in the car.  We were also able to listen to Adventures in Odyssey which is interesting for all of us. Brandon learned that his eye had very high pressure and inflammation and he was prescribed a few new drops.  I am happy to report that the drops worked very well and his eye pressure was much better at the next appointment.  

After the appointment we dropped Brandon off and decided to drive past the Park.  This caused lots of emotion and big feelings.  We came home and had some snacks and TV time to try to soothe our sadness. 

Tuesday- 6/30
Today we had a pretty typical day.  The afternoon bike ride was the most eventual part of the day.  We biked past the park... again.  M had a very hard time and biked back towards the park 3 times and refused to move a couple of times.  It was then that I realized we can NOT do this again.  I also started feeling like we needed to officially say no to Park so that we could move on with our summer.  I knew we needed to figure out an exciting plan B in order to make this happen.  On top of the blow of (most likely) not going to Park, the kids learned that we would not be going to MO for our annual 4th of July road trip.  This was very hard news for them to hear. 

M's amazing creation, a bright spot in the day! 


Wednesday - 7/1
A new month!  My brain still struggles to believe it is July (even though it is now the 18th as I type).  It still feels like March to my body.  I continue to enjoy my morning walks.  I have a new buddy who greets me some mornings as I walk past a cemetery.  This fawn will get very close to me and follow me along the fence line.  So sweet.  The picture is a bit zoomed in, but he/she was just a couple of feet from me as I walked.  Of course when I moved to take a picture he backed up a bit. 


My deer friend. 

An exciting thing came in the mail today!  I ordered some new rings for T for the swing set and she was able to use them in the basement first.  She has lots of wild skills and loved them!

T: I wish we would have had these months ago!

T: I can swing well with these!
Stay tuned for the next post and see the progression of T getting stuck in a tree!  Things are always interesting at our house!

No comments: