Sunday, August 16, 2020

Summer Vacation Week 6 part 2

Wednesday 7/15-  Today I saw my little buddy in the cemetery.  He loves to follow me like a puppy.  

My deer little friend!
T had her first outdoor therapy session.  She and her therapist did an awesome chalk art picture on a community art wall.  

T: I took off my mask because we were far apart. 

T: Do you like our beach scene? 



Friday 7/17  - 
Another hot day and another water fight! 

T: M is always the one who wants to get me wet!

We installed the new climbing rings and T gets lots of OT each day.  Both kids gravitate towards the swing set.  It is the source of much joy. 

I love the rings and the monkey bars. 

T: I still love being upside down. 

Friday was a GREAT mail day because the kid's meds came.  We had a tiny (one night) gap in their bedtime sleep aid meds.  Apparently, they REALLY need them to sleep.  T is 100% sure she didn't sleep a single bit all night.  M thinks he slept about 2 hours and then I ended up sleeping with him.  The sleep meds are not perfect, but they sure do work!  


Happy Mail! 

I find this pic hilarious, mainly because I remember my Barbie Bride costume (Bret had Sheriff Grover) and the breathability in it was low.  I have a very positive mindset towards masks and as a result have never had a problem with them. 

It could always be worse...



Saturday 7/18  - M is LOVING playing basketball with Brandon.  They play a longer version of Horse where they spell out the letters of our state. T decided to sit in the pool to make the rebounds. She is sitting in the bucket to stay dry.  
T: I love it when the ball comes to me. 

Saturday's dinner turned into a fend for yourself meal because a puzzle trapped me in the basement.  M and I (with some help from T and Brandon) had been working on the puzzle for many weeks.  Finally it seemed close to finishing so we just powered through.  The repeated colors and many tigers made the puzzle a huge challenge.  We have done many puzzles this year and have become quite good puzzlers, but this one was rough! We were so glad to finish!

We did it!!!

It was a labor of love. 

Sometimes it is hard to share a puzzle, esp a very difficult puzzle where you can work for hours and find very few matches.  The tiger puzzle was getting the best of us and we decided that T would start her own puzzle across the room.  As I type this she has yet to complete it, but she is getting closer all the time. 

Look at the focus. Look at the balance.  Look at her FEET!!!!

T loves all animals and bugs.  She was happy to befriend this moth. 

T: Isn't she cute?!


Sunday 7/19 - 
On Sunday I made a second batch of Oatmeal Candy Cookies.  They need to cool in the freezer before eating.  I might have been caught sneaking one from the freezer.  I might have sat on the chair eating it and then gone back for another... perhaps more than once! I might be considering making more as I type this!  They are dangerous!

So yummy!
About 30 seconds after I snuck down to the basement the whole family followed... because what really is alone time these days, right?  haha While I was eating cookies... 

M: I love being in cozy spaces like this.  They make me feel safe!

T: Spin me Daddy!


T: I am Daddy's little Joey! 

We ended the weekend with some basketball in the yard.  Somehow T (shockingly) fell into the pool.  Once she was in she had much splashing to do! 

I sure do love my free spirited wild girl! 

No comments: