Tuesday, December 7, 2021

August begins

These are pictures from the first week in August. The kids summer school finished on my Birthday.  They still had two weeks of Park once summer school ended. This meant that we had free mornings to do fun things.  One day we headed to a library we used to go to all the time for virtual reality and LEGO.  We were very impressed with their chicken coop made of egg cartons!

 
M: It was a lot of egg cartons.

 
T: Our first zucchini!

 
T: This is as fancy as my mom can do.

 
When a dog comes to play group, we all get excited!
 
In early August Charissa and I got serious about talking with the boys about cross country.  We decided that they needed to do a practice mile to see if they were actually interested in running at all.  The managed to enjoy it and that sealed the deal so we signed them both up for cross country! 

Before the run we took the "11 year old photo" as we have a tradition of taking a pic each year during the 6 weeks they are both the same age.  M sure is growing and they look pretty even in this picture.
 
Two 11 year olds ready to run!
 
One evening while M was at youth group Brandon and T went on an adventure downtown.  Apparently the shoes were not as comfortable as T was sure they would be.
 
T: I like going barefoot.

 
It looks like they made a stop for ice cream!

T: Look what my tongue can do!

Brandon was searching everywhere for Sunshine at bedtime.  I went to bed early and he curled up on me for the first time ever.  I am glad Brandon captured this moment. 
Sunshine:  This is a pretty nice place to sleep.
 
 
Cutest gardener I know!

No comments: