Friday, July 10, 2009

day two is done... please pray for our sleep!

Day 2 was filled with some adventure and drama of sorts.
We both got very little sleep last night, but are hoping for a better rest tonight with the help (thanks friends) of a fan (white noise) and a humidifier (dry hotel air).
This morning I took all my vitamins like usual, and like usual felt sick until I ate my apple which was just as we were heading out the door to visit shut-ins. Well, if you know me you know that motion sickness can really take its toll. After the 30 minute car ride I felt horrible. I whispered to Brandon that is was by far the most motion sick I have ever been. I thought my apple would reappear at any time. We got into the woman's room and it was SUPER warm. The woman had some major coughing and gagging issues which combined with my tummy made a horrible mix. Suddenly I really thought I was going to be sick so I told someone I was heading into the hall. Once in the hall my line of vision became less and less and I quickly sat and laid down. I am not sure if I fainted or not, but when I opened my eyes SEVERAL nurses were surrounding me and giving me water and a washcloth as I was drenched in sweat. Eventually they wheeled me into a place with a couch and I rested. When it was time to leave Brandon walked me to the car and then I experienced a not so good ride home. I spent the afternoon in the hotel room trying unsuccessfully to rest while Brandon made more visits. The visits went really well.
Tonight we both went to the youth event and Brandon really enjoyed playing Ultimate with the kids while I cheered! We were able to get to know them later in the church to share testimony and pray. They are so sweet and so young, mostly junior high.
So... even though the day started hard it ended well and we are feeling blessed, encouraged, and excited about where it seems God is leading. We have another big day tomorrow with a men's event, a women's event, time with young families, and then a concert of prayer event.
Today more than ever I was carried by your prayers. Please keep praying as my tummy is still quite confused!

No comments: