Thursday, December 10, 2020

Wrapping up September... mask racks, ball wrestling, and father/daughter hiking

... and just like that I am almost three months behind in blogging.  2020 is no joke my friends!  Our lives are busy in so many different ways than they were in 2019.  My life has changed in almost every way.  The biggest change for me has been a complete lack of functional "Shelly time" most days.  Between homeschooling, monitoring virtual schooling, engaging kids when they are not schooling, organizing MANY zoom therapies each week, church work, and all the usual cooking and cleaning jobs... there is such little Shelly time.  I don't write this to complain.  There is much joy to be found in the times with M and T!  We are all learning together... there just isn't a lot of time to blog. I fall asleep in M's room most nights which means I barely stay awake for 10 minutes of my nightly episode of Monk or Hallmark movie.  I often get the itch to blog and then I discover how far behind I am and I just close the computer screen.  At any rate... here is the rest of the wrap up from September! 

I feel like the blog has turned into a tribute to T!  M doesn't like his picture taken and as a result I don't have many pictures of him.  He continues to do very well in virtual school.  I am proud of his dedicated work.

  
T: I did it all by myself!
    
T: I used every single marble works piece!


   
T: I used to love rotating rooms for "school" and doing school in PJ's!

 Brandon's favorite part of "school" is the lunches.  That sounds funny, or a pat on the back to me, but it isn't a joke and has nothing to do with my cooking.  This year all children in our state can pick up school lunches each week.  Because of many food allergies, Brandon and T are enjoying lots of special treats.  Brandon loves the chicken patties and T loves the Un-crustables and the the french toast sticks. 

   
T: Hey Dad, look at all the Doritos for you!

I decided in September that masks were taking over our laundry area and something needed to be done.  I found this great hook thing in storage at church.  I saved it from the dumpster multiple times as I was sure it had a purpose.  I had no idea this would be it!  I can air out all of my filters and have bags for each person's clean masks, ear savers, and nose pieces.  I love knowing where to put things again and this system seems to be working.
   
It might not look that impressive, but it gets the job done. 

One Sunday T wanted to go on a frogging adventure with Brandon.  They decided to check out a little Nature Preserve in the area.  No one in our family had ever been there.  It was a little hidden gem and a special time for T and Brandon.
T: I was on the hunt for a frog.
T: It was pretty muddy and rainy, but I was dressed for the weather.

T: Surely there must be a few frogs here.

What a cool adventure spot.
Sometime in September the kids and Brandon invented some sort of keep away game.  Brandon has the ball and both kids are trying to get the ball.  They are working together.  He often throws the ball, but then holds them back from getting it.  It is great teamwork and a great workout for everyone.  It might be a bit hard on Brandon's body, but he takes one for the team several nights a week.  As you can tell, the kids love it!
T: I have his arm!

M: I am going to get it T!!!

T: I am hold him!  Help, M!!!!

No comments: