Thursday, April 1, 2021

The 2nd trip to the slopes!

On February 24th Brandon and the kids headed to the ski hill for a second time.  This trip had some unique adventures!

The all did some stretching before the headed out.
I am so proud of M for being eager to try something new.  He tried snowboarding and took a lesson with a teacher there.  This is a big deal on many levels.  Way to go, M!!!!
 
M:  It was pretty exciting to try this for the first time. 
While M snowboarded, Brandon and T were able to go on some more difficult runs that M doesn't enjoy.  They had a blast together. 
T did her first black diamond, but skied right by the sign without a photo!
M: It was really fun learning to snowboard, but I still have a lot to learn.

The drama came at the end of the night.  Brandon and T were going up a towrope.  T went up first and somehow her glove was wrapped around the rope and she was stuck to the rope.  She ended up being pulled up high in the air and around the pulley and then sort of thrown into a pit.  The picture below shows the pulley and the pit where she ended up.  Brandon was right behind her and describes her looking like a rag doll flying through the air.  He got there quickly and essentially dove into the pit with her. The people standing near said she was out, but Brandon thinks she was just a bit overwhelmed and never passed out at all. 

I am so glad I was not there. I can't even really let my mind think about how I would have felt if I was.

T: My ankle hurt a lot and it was pretty scary.

There was no way she was going to ski down the hill, so she got to ride down on the ski patrol sled.  This was quite a sight for M to see as he was waiting and wondering at the bottom of the hill.  


T: I was all wrapped up in there.


T: I rode this right down the hill.

They evaluated her at a little medical spot and put her foot in a boot.  She wasn't able to put any weight on it that night.  T called me and told me all about this on their way home.  Then M got on and told me his version.  By the time Brandon came on the phone I thought her hands, arms, and legs must have been hurt.  He clarified everything for me.  She was in pretty good spirits that night. 

 

  

T: I liked the little boot/cast thing they gave me. 

The following day Brandon took her to the walk in clinic and they determined it was a moderate sprain.  The Dr. probably would have liked her to take it easy for a while, but by the end of the day she was putting weight on it and running and jumping again.  It is hard to really hold her down too much. 

Weeks later we noticed that her foot was all purple as the internal bruising was leaving the ankle.




No comments: