Wednesday, August 25, 2021

June Beginnings

Back on June first we began our summer horse adventure.  We decided to pause our time with the horses for the fall as the kids are so eager to be in so many things. The first couple of weeks they just got to know the horses.  The kids were eager to ride on day one, but they have a process they do so the horses get to know the kids and vice versa.
T: First I brushed the horse.
M: I brushed my horse the whole time.

 

T: I got to paint the horse.  I was a little cold so I wore mom's vest.

 

Do you like the artwork?
 
While Brandon's parents were here for Memorial Weekend we talked a lot about some of the hockey games that Brandon attended.  He went on youtube and found videos of the games and found himself in the video!  He circled the area to look.  I can sort of tell it is him.
 
Do you spy Brandon?

 
The watch cats on duty. 

 
T: I love tasty summer treats!
One night Brandon was trying to find the cats at bedtime and he couldn't locate Sunshine.  He came in our room and discovered that Sunshine was cuddling with a sleeping Shelly!  What a sweet boy!
 
This has never happened before!


 
T helped with the church work day. 
 
 
In early June we had a very warm spell.  Our pool hadn't opened yet, but one of the area pools had.  Apparently everyone had the same idea as the pool was PACKED!!!!!  I saw someone in line for the waterslide counting and she was number 55 and people were behind her!  Crazy.  I tried to take a picture, but there were so many people other places that this doesn't really capture how full it was. 

Can you spot Brandon or T?
Now can you spot them?
T: I love being in the pool with dad!
M: Check out this fish I caught with my mentor!


We enjoyed many Monday nights watching softball games and cheering on Brandon.  Between a leg injury and his eye issues his season wasn't a long as the others, but we kept going and cheering even when he wasn't able to play.

T: Let's go!!!
T: I did not like washing the horse!

 Recruiting volunteers was SO HARD!  Trying to figure out how to do meaningful ministry during a pandemic is SO HARD. It was very easy to get discouraged, but I happened upon this quote that was so impactful to me when I took the screen shot.  It is impactful for me today too!

Wow!!!

So silly.  I wish ants didn't love these flowers so they could come inside my house!


Finally we made it to the last day of school.  What a year!  As usual I have first and last day photos.  I think M changed A LOT this school year.  I don't realize it when I am with him each day, but seeing the two photos is shocking.

First Day!


Last day!  It looks like she grew more than she did because of her pose, but she sure has grown!
First Day. 

Last day of school.  Seriously, who is this almost teenager?!

No comments: