Monday, August 2, 2021

Zoo Day!!

 I took the kids to the zoo by myself one day in late May.  It was sort of a homeschool field trip.  It was about 90 degrees and humid which is very hot for our area any time of year, but especially in May.  When we arrived at the zoo we confirmed that they were still requiring masks for outdoor and indoor parts.  There were signs all over letting you know this information, but 99% of people were not following the signage.  This was VERY hard on my kids.  They were hot and miserable in their masks.  While I would have quite preferred to have my mask off outside, I told them that our family follows the rules and that this day would help them to not give in to peer pressure some day.  Even with my encouraging words and a long mask free lunch the time at the zoo was very very rough from a mom perspective.  I was so frustrated on the way home I could barely speak.  I was shocked to hear the kids say that they had fun.  "Zoo" became a swear word to me for a while, but we did make a second trip there in June so obviously I was able to get over it.

The before picture, in case they went missing and I needed a photo from that day.

We have been taking pics with this statue for years!

Because Strawberry Dole Whips are gluten and dairy free!

T: This is so good and so sweet!

They shared one and were not able to finish it.


T: I loved following the peacocks.

She indeed followed them everywhere.

At this point I thought she would lead it into a building!

The zoo opened a new elephant care area.

The giraffes!

Proof that I was there!


It almost doesn't look real!

A fun park break.


Can you spot the chipmunk that T chased for a LONG time?
Hip Hip Hip O potamus!

He wanted to pose so I said they could lower their masks.

Now that is a big mouth!
M: My mouth is big too!
They are cute, even when they are crabby!

A sleeping tiger

When T was little this lady with the dog was her favorite part of the zoo!

No comments: