Thursday, August 26, 2021

Zoo Day With Friends!!!

 On June 11th we headed back to the Zoo with Charissa and her kids.  My kids slept in a bit and T had quite a watch party at her door when she finally came out.


Buttercup and Sunshine:  Wake up, T!  We want to play!

 It was another HOT day at the zoo.  Thankfully this time they no longer required masks outdoors so that made the masking part much more tolerable. The kids still had drama, but we made it through and decided two trips to the zoo this summer is probably enough!

The boy crew!
T: I love my turtle friend!
The kids screeched back and forth with the peacocks!

The kids LOVED petting the goats.   I have no idea how long we stayed in this area, but it was a long time.  You had to pay for the food, but our resourceful kids looked for food that others had dropped so they could feed the goats too. 

T: I loved the goats.
T:  This guy and I took a little rest.
The misters made their hair look wild.
They were much happier when they were cooled off.
Look at these big kids!
Buddies for life!!!
I know this is almost the same photo,  but the smiles were good in both and I love the standing ones so... one more photo.
T in her element.
Morale was low and it was getting late.  We realized that M had misplaced his cap.  Charissa stayed with three of the kids and M and L and I went searching and backtracking. We were able to find it and were all very thankful!
Whew!  Thank you Jesus!
Hmmm, is this the best we can do?
Apparently this is as good as it gets!
It was so humid and SO hot when we got to the van.  We were shocked that the temp said 103!!!!  
Seriously?!?!
I was much cooler when we got to our neighborhood 45 minutes later!  Cooler by the Lake is real!!!


No comments: