Monday, May 16, 2016

"Fashion Girl" and so much more!

This post is all about T!  It is a very random assortment of photos.

She loves to call herself a "Fashion Girl."  She is all about changing clothes and being fancy.  I recently took her to Kohl's and we stayed for two hours shopping for ME!  She LOVED picking out clothes for me to try on.  I was willing to try on a lot things that are not typical Shelly clothes.  I actually bought some of them, but am returning the ones that I know I will never wear.  I just couldn't break her heart that day.  She grinned from ear to ear while I was trying things on.  Many other little children were melting down, but she was in her element and so filled with joy.  She told everyone what we were looking for and even the sizes.  Everyone finds her so endearing that I wasn't even embarrassed.

T: Just sit still and I won't hurt you!
One day T surprised us all by coming downstairs in jeans!  What?  She looked so adorable and so matching I wanted to take lots of pictures.  She was so proud of her matching outfit!

T: "I'm a fashion girl."
T: This is more like it.  I felt naked without a fire hat and puppy purse.

Sometimes T comes into the kitchen wearing things that are not really outdoor worthy.  She was actually running around the table with this hat and blanket covering her eyes!

T: I can't see anything!
Sometimes T shows her non-Princess side.  One day she decided she needed to collect "fishing poles" (sticks) from our yard and the neighbors yard.  She piled them all on our porch and insisted they stay there for a LONG TIME!  We finally snuck them to the curb one day while she was at school.
T: Does anyone need a fishing pole? 

T and I got into a bubbles and chalk kick before Easter.  She would tell me what to draw or write and I would.  She would help when she wanted to.

One crazy morning T threw up at school and had to come home early.  That alone would have made things challenging.  However, we also had M's IEP meeting at the same time.  We decided that Brandon would take T home and I would go to the meeting alone.  We had someone working in our home so T had to crash in Brandon's office.  She watched DVD's and Brandon worked.  She even fell asleep there.  We knew she was really sick because she never falls asleep in the presence of others. Sadly, that was not the end of the craziness.  I also had to cut up 160 POUNDS of chicken with Charissa.  Somehow we got it all done and by the next day T was feeling much better. The following day she was scheduled to go to school but told me she was still sick.  I called the school and notified the bus driver.  She then told us she was just joking.  I drove her to school.  I could have kept her home, but I wanted her to learn that playing hooky isn't an option!

T: I was feeling very sick and sleepy. 
M and I were at therapy and Brandon was working in the other room.  In a matter of minutes T turned a clean living room into the photo below.  She can create "nests" and messes faster than most four year olds.
T: I am hiding in this photo!  Can you find me? 


No comments: