Thursday, September 24, 2020

Grasshoppers before beach! Summer Vacation Week 12 Part One

 On Monday (8/24) we had a special day planned with dear friends at a beach north of here.  We have not been to this beach in years and we were excited to check it out.  Before we headed north I received a text from S's mom asking if we would like to try some fried grasshoppers.  S and her brother T caught them locally and their mom X cleaned them and friend them.  We told her were were willing to try so they headed over. 


We weren't so sure about eating them when we saw them in real life. 

Thankfully S demonstrated what we should do. 

T: It tasted good to me!

M: I am glad I tried it, but I probably won't do it again. 

I did eat it... Brandon did not... It was a one time thing for me. 

We had a lovely day at the beach with friends.  I am so bad at taking pictures so I don't have much to show for the day, but my heart was filled with joy as I spent time with my friend H and watched our children play together.  Time with her is always medicine for my soul.  

Playing in the sand never gets old. 

No comments: