Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Because God is better than blogging

God has been working on my heart a lot lately and the time has come to fast from a couple of things that tend to take up huge amounts of time and pull me away from things that are BETTER! Facebook can be a great tool to connect with long lost friends, make new adoption friends, track with kids in youth groups far and near... BUT it can also be a source of constant attention and a huge time waster!
Blogging can be a wonderful ministry, source of accountability and friendship, a learning tool, etc, but it can also provide a opportunity to check out of reality and read for any length of time!
Therefore I am fasting from blogging (writing posts and reading others blogs) and facebook for a while... not sure how long...I think when the desire is gone to a large degree! I will continue to use the computer when needed for grant applications. I will continue to check my email and respond to emails when needed. I share all this with you as a form of accountability, and as an invitation to join me if you desire... because God is BETTER!

No comments: