Sunday, February 27, 2011

We made it through the first 6 weeks!

We have now officially been home (or at least landed at the airport) for six weeks. In some ways it feels like M has always been with us and in some ways it feels like we just left Ethiopia yesterday. I can tell you that I miss Ethiopia so much! I have a FB friend there right now and part of me longs to be there again, but am I ready for our son to have a sibling... not quite yet :)

This post will mostly be photos, but I just want to say that overall things are going very well! Last night was awful (understatement) as my son invited me to a "cry fest" from 10:30-4:00am! Neither of us slept that entire time. I am hoping this means he will sleep well tonight. I am feeling it today and know I will feel it ever more tomorrow.

The post below tells that we have started using cloth. We are also making about half of our baby food. I am not sure I care to learn how to do the meat stuff so I will just stick to fruits and veggies and blends of those and buy the meats :) Now, I will let our son explain the photos below!


"This is my dog. I love barking at him. He is covered with lots of new snow so now I just look our the window and bark and hope he can hear me." (Yes, the piece of plastic in the bush is his "dog" click on the photo to see it.)


"I love checking my reflection. Daddy and I like to do tricks together while I watch myself."



"I went to church last week for the first time. My mommy made me look all handsome. I am practicing my 'Praise the Lord' before we leave for church."



"I got to go in front of church and see everyone. They were all staring at me. I AM pretty cute."



"Whew! That was a big workout."


"I LOVE helping mommy with the laundry. All I have to do is empty the basket on the floor and she calls me her 'big helper'... I could get used to it!"


"I have lots to catch up on with my computer. I have to brush up on my skills for future blog posts." (Note: so glad we kept old electronics :)


"I love to Praise the Lord while I eat!"



"I love to cook with my pot just like mommy's. I mostly cook my Valentines cards and Magnadoodle pieces!"



"I finally figured out this standing thing! Daddy thinks he is so funny. He put a lamb in my pants. I pretended not to notice of about 30 minutes."

"Then I decided to give the lamb a ride around the house. I think he liked it. Well, that is what I have been up to. My teeth are killing me so I really need to cry again. Catch you later."

No comments: