Friday, January 18, 2013

From the Chicago Airport! We are on our WAY!!!! Day 1



The last 24 hours have been a crazy busy time.  We are sitting in the Chicago airport and we can’t seem to get an internet connection.  I am willing to pay, but it won’t let us get through for some reason. 

M did so well and was more than ready to go to his “sleepover.”  I was much more emotional than him.  We received word this morning that he slept well and was doing well.  There is great comfort in that.  Our business has really allowed me to put the whole leaving my son out of my mind.  I am pretty sure that once we take off for a destination that is FAR away, I will be a bit more emotional, but so far so good. 

We left him before 8:00 last night.  At that point we had not really started packing.  Even though it felt like we were moving quickly, by the time all was said and done I didn’t get to sleep until after 1:00.  Our alarm was set for 4:00 this morning.  2.5 hours of sleep is not ideal, but I am feeling OK and am finding the silver lining that my body will 1. sleep a lot of the 14.5 hour flight, and 2. be closer to adjusting to the timeline I am currently on. 

Brandon had a rough morning.  Possibly getting some sort of bug?  Possibly greasy food?  Something else?  Not sure, but when I heard him vomiting in the downstairs bathroom this morning I started my prayer chant “Jesus is victorious.”  He is now feeling  a bit better thanks to sprite, soda crackers, and apple, motrin, and Cipro.  Yep, I gave him a Cipro because who wants to be sit on a 14.5 hour flight?  No one!!!  Please pray that he will continue to feel healthy as we continue our journey.

No comments: