Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Early Spring Family Visit Part Two


Exactly 3 months ago, we had very exciting weekend guests.  Actually all our weekend guests are exciting, but that weekend we got to meet Baby A our new cousin and niece for the first time.  You see, if you remember my Christmas post you know that while we were just minutes away from brand new Baby A, we also had the stomach flu.  We were so sad not to meet her, but finally the date for our highly anticipated visit came.  My parents also came up for the weekend.  They all arrived late Friday evening and left early Sunday morning so it was more of a day visit than a weekend, but we made the most of it.  Bret and his family stayed at a hotel so my kids were very excited to get in on the pool action there in the morning.  We grilled and napped and walked down downtown and ate some more.  We attempted a mini photos shoot of the kids in their new Easter gear. It was so fun to all be together in one place.  Our kids love being with family and they were very impressed with their new baby cousin. We are excited to see them again in just a few weeks. It is amazing how little A looks now compared to more recent photos we have seen of her.

This is seriously the best morning photo of the three of them.  T just woke up!
M: Hey Sweet A, I am your cousin M! 

Such a sweet photo for Joanna and A! 

JOY!!!!!  (And joy for me too, notice who didn't have to get into a cold pool... me!!)
After lunch and nap it was time to get looking spiffy!
M: I am ready to get pictures taken!
M: What? Me? I could didn't do it? 

Great M, Nice A, um T... what are you looking at?


M &T pretty smiley and A looking at big cousins.  Pretty great photo!
T, I am not sure what you are looking at, but you look adorable.  A is checking out M, and M is bringing on the cheese!  Overall a great shot!
T: What, you want me to smile?  Huh?  M: Isn't A so sweet?  A: I like M too!

Love this family!

Then it was time to celebrate T's 2nd Birthday the late edition with gifts from Grandma and Grandpa.

T: Yay!  A bike helmet.  Now I can be safe in the Burley Cart!

T: How does it look mom?  It feels a little strange.



T: I like this hat more than the helmet!
T: It is fun to wear, but if they think I will keep this on in church, they are just silly!

T: I love the glasses!

T: Do I look fancy?  (Yes T, you do!)
T: Ladies and Gentlemen look at my wonderful uncle "Bet" (talking into her new knife microphone)

T: Bet gave me back my hat!  He is so nice! Actually I am pretty sure Bet gave me this hat.


T: I just love Bet.  He is so great.  (She really does love Bret and thinks that every single new thing she gets including all presents from that day are from him.  So sweet.)
M: Duck, Duck, Duck...

M: Duck Duck Goose Grandpa Daryl come get me!

M: I love to tickle Baby A with my curls.  A: This is seriously the funniest thing I have ever seen!
M:  Joanna did you see how much she was laughing?  A: Do it again, do it again!

No comments: