Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Summer Favorites

This is a fun mix of photos taken this July and very early August.  

The kids had such a great time in summer school.  They made several awesome projects.  Just in case we don't keep every single one for ever and ever, I decided to take a couple of pictures of the kids with their artwork.  Please note their spider hats! 

M: Summer School had a lot of crafts!

M and T: We are wearing spiders and holding our favorite projects!
In late July we went on a road trip to see my family.  That post is going to be going up tomorrow.  While we were there we received some sweet corn from a special family friend who always grows the best stuff.  We all love really good sweet corn. I had Brandon take the pictures of the kids to send Thank You notes to the farmer friend.  Hmmm, I need to get those in the mail!

M: This is good corn!!!

T: I love to eat corn like my mom (totally randomly on the cob).

One night at T-Ball T got to wear David's glasses and Brandon's hat.  She had lots of fun posing with them.

T: Can you see you in the glasses? 

T: Do I look cute?  
T loves to bike to the park at the end of our street.  She stops frequently, and it isn't because she is tired.  She stops because she as found something she thinks she must pick up, touch, or look at.  She is always very proud when she finds a treasure she can easily haul on her bike.  These sticks fit perfectly in her handlebars.
T: Look at my long handlebars!
Each summer Charissa and I try to get a picture of the boys during the six or so weeks they are the same age.  The photo below is their 5 year old picture.

We are BOTH FIVE!!!!

The end of July brought about the end of T-Ball.  We all loved T-Ball.  It was such a great experience for M.  The season ended with a potluck picnic.  I didn't attend because I was secretly packing for our trip to MN the following day. T had a very memorable event happen at the picnic.  Many families were asked to bring ice-cream.  It was kept cool in a kiddie swimming pool with ice.  Apparently while walking by, T fell onto all of the tubs of ice-cream.  How does this happen?  M was so proud to receive his first sports medal! 


M: I finished what I started!!!

Brandon took the picture below on a bike ride park stop.  This is one of those photos that really speaks for itself.

M and T: This is how we were feeling about the park. 

M received some awesome window cling stickers and special paper as a gift last fall.  T discovered this summer that they make great decorations on the van windows.  She loved having a decorated window.  She was so sad to discover that she could not open her window with her decorations on, so eventually she allowed them to be removed. 

T: I can't come inside for lunch, I am decorating. 

This summer we were able to have a play date with M's friend from school N and his brother J.  All three boys are in Kindergarten this year.  It was fun to see them laugh and play together.  N was so excited to be around my wild kids!

Such a sweet group of kids! 

No comments: