Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Big Helper!

M is a huge helper at our house.  He has ever so slowly embraced his role as the big brother and the oldest.  OK, well, maybe when he is well fed and well rested he has embraced this role, but we are making progress each week.  
Recently he has come into the room with me when T wakes up from her nap.  One day he climbed into the rocker and asked to hold her.  He cuddled with her and kissed her cheek and then began to sing Amazing Grace to her ever so softly.   Man I love this little guy.  He then got upset with me for smiling too much, but the moment was so sweet that my heart will always hold it dearly.  Each day after this he has tried to hold her, but she has not been as interested as the first day.  

A few days ago I was in the bathroom (attempting to be in and out quickly as always).  I left them both in the kitchen.  T was playing with recipe books and M was eating a snack.  I heard a scream and I knew that T had pinched her fingers in the drawer and they might be stuck in there.  I yelled for him to quickly open the door so her fingers would not be pinched.  He was so fast and ran to tell me he did it within seconds.  She was still screaming and I was going as fast as I could to get out there, but I told him to sing to her and he did.  I immediately heard Amazing Grace start and the crying stop.  I got out there seconds later and he was rubbing her back and singing sweetly.  I could not have done it without him.

The photos with this post are not quite as endearing as the words, but cute none the less.  

M:  This is a big job for me to do, but I am strong so it isn't hard.
 

M:  Maybe some day I will be as tall as this duster.

M: Big Brother will help you eat T.

M: I will always be here to help you T.

No comments: