Friday, May 24, 2013

Still Here

I have not forgotten about the blog and I am eager to share many new photos with you soon.  I must tell you that poor T is already feeling the plight of not being first home.  She turned 15 months on the 16th and we have failed to take her "red chair" photos... we will get them... hopefully before she turns 16 months. 
A little update to hold you over...

We are living in a crazy reality right now.  We can finally compare apples to apples with M and T.  We met M when he was 15 months and a few days old, the same age T is now.  It is so strange to think about this, but I find my mind reflecting on it a lot right now.  Their weight is about the same.  Their sounds and vocab is about the same, but that is pretty much where it stops.  M was delayed in all areas.  T is right on track or advanced.  She has learned to jump.  To me that seems young.  Then again, I could be biased.  I should add that M has caught up to his peers and is now tracking right where he should be!

We have been enjoying a few spring like days here.  Yesterday was COLD with wind chills in the 30's.  Our walk was only about 2 blocks long.  I confess, I am sort of thankful for my whiny child because I was thinking it was cold too. 

T has been sleeping on her own in her room for a couple of weeks now.  M has been on his own for a few weeks.  Overall they are doing really well.  M wakes up every night.  Sometimes only twice.  T had a perfect solo sleeping record until last night.  She got a 4:30 wake up call from someone apparently.  She an Brandon had an early morning date until 6:00.  She then slept until I woke her (we had an appointment) at 8:40.   M's night terrors are doing MUCH better.  Thank you for your continued prayers.  We are so thankful for nights without his scary screams. 

We started a new method of tracking obedience.   So far it is working VERY well.  We are of course on day 2 haha.  We are praying that we can keep this up for 21 days to make a habit out of it.  I am not going to post the method until after that time in case it falls apart.

M is screaming... MOM... that is all for now!

No comments: