Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall Visit With My Parents


In late September my parents came to visit for a short weekend.  They arrived around 8:00pm Friday night and left after church Sunday morning.  It was short, but so very sweet.  The weather on Saturday was perfect and we enjoyed every moment to the max.  Due to our great enjoyment of our time and my mom's camera not working too well we don't have too many photos to capture our time together so I am going to post what we have and then tell about the rest of the adventures. 

On  Friday night my parents arrived just as our life group was winding down.  T was asleep, but M was still awake.  We all enjoyed some time by the campfire in the back and then headed in for M's bedtime and more talking and snacking.

On Saturday morning there were books and cuddles and lots of fun playing.  We then made our way downtown to the lakefront to show my parents a new huge park on the Lake.  It was a beautiful day and the views were incredible.  On top of the great views we were able to check out the salmon catching.  The salmon are swimming up stream to spawn and die and the fishermen are catching these huge fish one right after another.  It is incredible to see the fight between fish and person.

After a downtown walk and lunch it was time for naps and then more cuddles and books.  After T woke up, cuddled and had a tea party, we headed to a county park on the Lake just outside of our community.  We did a big hike down a bluff to the Lake and M impressed us all doing lots of walking on his own.  He is training for our winter trip to the Smokies!

After a couple hours of hiking we headed home for pizza and ground cherries, baths and bed.  Once the kids were sleeping my parents and I (Brandon was working on his sermon) had a great time playing a movie trivia game I won at a silent auction. We were not keeping score, but it was fun to reflect on childhood memories of lots of our favorite movies.

Sunday morning we went to church together and said our good-bye's.  The time was so brief, but very special. 

Brandon needed a red chair photo for a sermon illustration! 
M: Yahoo, this is a fun ride!  T: I wonder what would happen if I threw this book down. 

Sweet reading time.

19ish months... still need to take the 20 month shot... poor second home sweetie.

Do I look even bigger upside down?

T: Here is some tea for you Grandma Kathy!

T: And some for Grandpa Daryl too.

Lions!!!  This was their hint about our hiking destination!

Ground Cherry love!

Yum!!

M: I think my muscles are almost as big as Grandpa Daryl's. 

Two of my favorite ladies looking very beautiful!

T: I sure do love Grandma Kathy!

M: I needed to wear some glasses to read, just like Grandpa Daryl. 

No comments: