Saturday, January 9, 2021

Catching up... the mid October variety!

Here are some glimpses at our life in October.  Yes, it is now January.  Yes, a lot has happened in our family and in our country and I am so behind and have so many thoughts. Hopefully, these pictures will remind us of some lighter moments from 2020.  It was a tricky year, but we had so many good moments to celebrate!

T: I made a special bed for the cats.

T: Do you like my latest creation?


On October 19th Brandon went to a salon and had a haircut.  His first since COVID!

   
T: I decided we needed a Halloween countdown!

 

I realize I am very behind in blogging and this chart doesn't reflect the current trends of COVID in our community, but this was the current reality in October.  Sadly, the stats climbed A LOT higher (about three times that high) before they started to head down.  They are still higher than they were at this time, but lower than they were at their peak.  As I write this, we are trending back in the wrong direction.  I think we still have some rough time ahead of us.

Headed in the wrong direction!

T: I made a glitter and frosting stew.  Mom made me throw it away.

October 20th view from my parents deck!  A winter wonderland a little early.  I am thankful we didn't get snow that early, but it is beautiful.

Buttercup: Come on, haven't you ever wanted to curl up in a sink?

Some nights after dinner things get a bit silly.  One night we were talking about magnets and decided that we would show T just what her BAHA anchor could do!  She had great fun sticking things to her head!

  
T:  I bet you can't do this!
As usual in our home, M was very jealous about T's trick so he created his own magnet trick to share.
M: Look what I can do!!

I continue to have a "less is more" approach when it comes to going into stores to shop.  I discovered that Walmart.com has free shipping for over $35 and pretty much all their non-perishable items are available for two day shipping at the in store prices.  This has been a huge blessing and allows me to zip into Walmart for very short trips of things I can't get online.  I plan to continue to shop this way forever.  I do not enjoy going into Walmart and trying to find my list.

Grocery shopping has changed in 2020!

The kids love to style Brandon's hair.  They do it every chance they can.  It is a precious time for them.  Interestingly, Brandon's hair always looks like a 1950's school boy after his time at the kids salon! 

If Brandon lived in the 1950's...

Sunshine:  Who knew there were beds in this big box?  This is great!

No comments: