Tuesday, January 12, 2021

STEM kids!

 It is no secret that we love our local library!  Since COVID we have been primarily requesting books and picking up holds.  In late October I decided to take T to the library and actually look for books for the first time since March!  It was strange to be there.  Anyway, while we were in the children section we noticed that they now have STEM kits available for check out.  Apparently it is a very new program. Most of them were checked out, an amazing engineering kit with a pretty impressive circuit board was available.  The coolest part was we were the very first family to use this kit so we were literally opening up brand new products.  It was very special to explore, learn, and play.  It was also quite stressful to have this property in our home, so I was a little bit thankful when it was time to return it. 


T: I got to check these out for free.

T: I can make a light go on, or run a fan.

T: Sometimes I like to blow the fan with my own power.

M: I really liked using it too.

M: Check out my coolest circuit.

T has science class twice a week over Zoom.  Some days have experiments and require lots of supplies.  She was very proud of her milk creation!

Beautiful swirls!
The hard part of experiment days is the clean up.  This is part of the mess that was created.  Sometimes learning is messy.
What it takes to make a beautiful swirl :)

No comments: