Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snow Day-Care!


Another COLD day post!  The weather was so cold on the day these photos were taken that area schools and CC were canceled.  Since we didn't want our friends to have to use up sick days we decided that K and J and also G would come to our house for the day.  We had many adventures!  It was a busy house.  T was having a very sad day so that made things a little stressful for this mama. 

We started the day with making a new kind of play-dough.  It only has two ingredients.  It was sort of a fail, but I wouldn't call the product a failure, I would just modify the making of it next time.  It is one part conditioner and two parts corn starch.  The dough it makes feels crazy melty cool in your hands, but the mess it makes is insane! 

If I made it again I would mix it together in a ziplock bag so cornstarch wouldn't go everywhere.  I then might just keep it in the bag to squeeze and feel in there... or take it out but not use cookie cutters... oh well, live and learn! 

We also did the boiling water outside thing.  G even recorded all our guesses and the results! 

We did a lot of eating including lunch and two afternoon snacks of banana ice cream and popcorn. 

We did a lot of playing everywhere in the house! 

We did very little sleeping... there was just too much fun to be had with friends! 

These kids are all very very dear to me and it was special to spend the day with them, but I learned a valuable lesson that I was pretty sure I knew before the day began... day care would not be a great fit for my personality :) 

A tiny bit of the mess.  My kids had already abandoned the dough for other adventures!

Making puzzles with little helpers!

The crew ready to make banana ice cream!

The "Green" buddies on bikes!  M: Hey G, I think you are getting a little big for that bike!

No comments: