Thursday, March 26, 2015

We are home!

We arrived home just before 11:30 this morning.  M had to drink a certain amount of liquid and when he did was able to go home.  It wasn't easy for him, but eventually he managed.  The drive home was easy.

Sweet T had a very hard time leading up to nap.  M's meds were wearing off and he needed me and she missed me and needed me.  On top of that M received gifts and T didn't... oh the jealousy... oh the crying.  Even with Grandma and Grandpa here I was apparently voted most popular and whoever wasn't being held by me needed... NEEDED to cry... loudly.  Pretty draining on a mom who only had a couple of hours of sleep max.  Finally Brandon took T into the family room where he and Grandma Kathy worked hard to calm her down.  It wasn't successful, but in the kitchen I was able to eat while holding M.  He fell asleep in my arms quite quickly and I was able to transfer him to Grandpa Daryl. Then I was able to comfort T and life was good!

M slept most of the afternoon in Grandpa's arms.  I am SOOO glad that my parents are here.  Being propped up in dad's arms allowed him to sleep longer without coughing which meant he slept for 50 minutes at one point without waking up.

T had a great nap too and woke up in a much better mood.  She has been getting over a stomach bug herself so a good nap for her will go a long way.

I relaxed.  I knew that nappy would make me a cranky mommy so I enjoyed chatting very quietly with my parents.  Then my mom and I went on a 2ish mile walk.  It felt good to move.

The kids are now watching Charlotte's Web with my parents.  M and I recently read Charlotte's Web and I surprised him and told them there is a movie.  He was SO excited to watch it.  I can hear it and am impressed how well it follows the book. Chicken and Sweet Potatoes are baking in the oven.  Things are going OK!

M has really been rejecting fluids though is willing to take a syringe of water every 10 minutes so that is something.  Thank you for your continued prayers for fluid intake, pain management, and good sleep for all!  We have taken many photos, hopefully I will get them up soon.  It is kind of fun to blog a lot again... sort of feels like an adoption process... and I do indeed feel jet-lagged ;)

No comments: