Monday, July 18, 2016

Spring Pics - The Family Edition!


Each spring we have a church work day.  The kids were both great helpers this year.  M wasn't in the mood to have is picture taken, but he was really trying.

M: Daddy, I need to get back to work!
T: Tammy and I are princess gardeners!
T: Princesses can work hard!
M: I loved digging in the dirt!
We gave M more knock off magna-tiles for a Kindergarten graduation present.  Honestly, the kids were playing with them so much and we were all eager to get a second set.  We knew we couldn't wait until M's B-day in August so we bought them in May and I called them a graduation present, clever justifying mom that I am.

Now we can make HUGE castles!
One day in May the kids had a Friday off of school.  I surprised them with a full morning adventure.  We went to an open gym at a gymnastics place.  I didn't take pics, but the kids loved it.  After playing we were hungry.  I surprised them with their first ever meal eaten at a fast food place.  I did some research and learned the Chick-Fil-A has grilled chicken nuggets that are gluten and dairy free.  They also fry their waffle fries in dedicated fryers.  One of my children was quite nervous to try something new.  Both of my children LOVED the food!  The fries are pretty awesome!  It was our first trip, but certainly not our last.  I think the kids have been there two or three times since!  Yummy!

So excited to be eating fast food! 
One Sunday after church the kids decided to sweep.  They were enjoying the sun.  They each had a broom.  For the couple of minutes they stayed apart, it was glorious!

M and T: We are hard workers!
M gave T a ride on the trike too.  Note the contrasting clothing options.  I am quite sure that M was the one dressed for the weather.  Ironically, now that it is July, she wants to wear flannel PJ's and Christmas dresses.
T: My brother is the BEST!

No comments: