Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Another Festival!


We love our "fishy"  festival and parade very much.  We are so thankful to be in an area that has many festivals.  This year we were traveling for one of our favorites, but Brandon and the kids did make it to this unique European festival.  I needed to stay behind and weed around church.  It had rained earlier in the morning, but the sun was out by the middle of the day.  Brandon and David met up at the parade so the kids could enjoy the day together.

Ready for the parade to begin.  
CANDY!!!  This parade is known for giving out A LOT of candy.
M: OK guys let's head back to the chairs until the next round!

L: We should clap for the sheep.  M: Yay sheep. 
M: This big hairy guy was pretty soft.
T: My pockets are FULL of candy!
T: Wait, I might be able to get one more thing in there. 

After the parade there is a great festival with lots of FREE stuff for kids to enjoy.  Our kids loved it.

L: Jump, M!  M: Just a second, I have a scratch!
T: This hay bale maze is great.  I can jump and climb all over the place. 
L: OK, how do we get out of this thing? 
T: I was actually FLYING through the air!
T: Then I flew back to the other side. 
M: Hey, I can fly too!
L: Watch me soar!
I am sure you were wondering if anything could top a parade and the bale maze... well friends this post is far from over!  Next up were the tractors!

T: I am pretty sure I can drive this thing. 
T: The key is moving this thing around. 

T: Is it dangerous that the steering wheel blocks my eyes? 
M: I chose this one because I could actually drive it for real!
T: This thing looks pretty cool!
M: I want to drive it.  T: Did you see this dog.  I WANT the dog. 
T:  I can't stop petting it.  I am going to give it a kiss!

Time for more jumping of a different sort!

M: I am totally in the air!
T: Now I am totally in the air!

T: I am not sure what this guy is all about, but I figured he needed a hug. 
They ended the day with some craft projects honoring Luxembourg.  My kids are ahead of the game because I am not sure that I knew it was a country before moving to this area.

T: First I made a flag.
T: Then I made a bracelet. 
What a great day of fun for this trio and their buddies!  They got home just as I was finishing the weeding with LOTS of stories to share.

No comments: