Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Monday Funday Week Four (The Beach and Biking)


We live about 2 minutes from the beach, but we rarely go to the beach.  The drama of leaving, the sand that gets everywhere, the fear of drowning... it keeps us away, BUT not on a Monday Funday.  On these special days Brandon is with us and I can deal with the sand and transitions better. I can even sit in a chair in the sun and take photos of some of my favorite people. The Lake temperature is great at the end of the summer and early fall.   The kids were very excited to have Brandon in the water with them!

M and T: We love the water!
M and T: Don't let go Dad!
M and T: Daddy took us out REALLY far!
T: I swam all by myself!
M: I love throwing rocks into the lake. 
T: The bigger rocks the better. 
M: This looks like a good place to dig a hole. 
T: This is s sensory paradise!  (See what I mean about the sand.)
T: Don't worry mom, it will all wash right off in the water!
T: I found some great walking sticks.  We didn't get to bring them home. 

After the morning at the Lake we came home for baths, lunch and a nap for T.  I was doing laundry and M and Brandon decided to do some biking.  The biked on the trail for several miles.  It was such a special adventure complete with biking jerseys and protein bars for each biker!  Brandon has a great passion for biking.  I am so thankful that he and M are able to share this activity together!

M: We were ready to rock and roll!
M: Can you keep up with me Dad?  How fast am I going? 

M: Biking is pretty hard work!
M: It was a great day!

Special Father/Son time!
M: I am pretty good at getting the big trucks to honk. 

No comments: