Thursday, March 3, 2022

Chistmas Eve 2021

 I woke up early on Christmas Eve.  I had a nice time of prayer and then a walk as night turned to day.  When I saw this sunrise, I started singing to myself, "The sun will come out tomorrow..."  I reflected that "yesterday was plain awful, but not, not now, no way!" Christmas Eve was truly lovely.  The house was ready and some areas were much cleaner than they would have been if it hadn't been for the lice! 

Good morning from the harbor!

T had the idea of make your own fruit kabobs. I am not sure if anyone did this, but she was committed.  Check out her variety of kabob items.  She posted this on the door. 

Sounds unique!

We had a much smaller crowd than planned which meant which meant I scaled down on food last minute, but we still had plenty.  I also made fewer sides than normal because of the chaos of the 23rd.  Charissa's family stayed back as she didn't want to take any lice risks with her kiddos.  We had a good time and good conversation.

Our crew!

We had church services at 3:00 and 5:00.  I was in the drama that was connected to the Children's Message.  I played a 5.5 year old girl named Christa Mason who is sure that Christmas is her day.  Charissa wrote the drama and it was so fun to be a part of.  It was awesome playing a five year old and people seemed to enjoy it.

The girl facing the camera was yelling "You are Miss Shelly."

I totally hijacked the children's message.  The kids might have been confused.

Showing everyone that Christmas is short of Christa Mason!

 

Christmas Eve is always so magical and special.  It is truly a highlight for both Brandon and me. It is a Holy Night as we celebrate THE Holy night when God became man in baby Jesus!  Singing Silent Night in the light of the Christmas Trees chokes me up each year, but especially this year as we were in the sanctuary again.  The first service was packed!  We don't have a count as the usher just wrote "full house."  The second service was good sized too. We stayed late after the second service chatting with friends.  We came home and had dinner and read Jotham and the kids actually got to bed at a decent time.  We carried over presents (we store them at church), filled stockings, and got ready for Christmas morning. We went to bed early too.  

M: For some reason I felt like wearing glasses on Christmas Eve night.

No comments: