Tuesday, March 22, 2022

January 2022 Melting Pot

 In an effort to get caught up a bit more quickly, I am combining most of the January events into one long blog posts with two additional ones to follow.  

The day after we returned from our Christmas/New Years travels T and I ran errands and had our lice check!  

We dropped off some Christmas money at the bank and were VERY impressed with the gingerbread houses!  

T:  They look beautiful and tasty!

After the bank we headed for the lice check.  I sent this picture to family after the check. I didn't even have to use words, because if we still had lice we would have had our hair in the plastic shower cap of shame.

Lice Free feels so good!!!!
Grandma Judy or Grandpa Tom received an 8x10 photo of cousin T2 in a white elephant gift.  Our T was very happy to take that gift off their hands and display it in her room!
T: T2 looks good in here!

When these two are cozy on the couch, I take a pic!

New headband. Check!

Crazy hair!

The cats LOVE the butterfly chair almost as much at T!

 

We are so thankful for the ninja course in our basement.  T still does it very frequently! 

always moving!

The rings are tricky!
Look at that focus!
She works on the beam too!

This smart cat knows what is in that container... cat treats!

She might be busy, but the cats don't mind!

Their first Scrabble game.

Love seeing them play together!

I walked into the T's room and spied Buttercup in her Barbie house.
Our Jamie girl sent the kids a Christmas care package in January!
T: Thanks, Jamie!

M: I love it, and I love you!

Whoa!  Aging sure has changed!

While T and I were gone, the guys played together!

Her favorite free time activity.
T received a new supply of hand me down clothes.  I am not sure who was more excited, her or the cats!
Buttercup:  This bag is great.  I am hiding in here!

Sunshine:  This bin is better.  It is cozy.

We made a lot of trips to urgent care/Dr in January (three to be exact).  The first one involved T putting a tiny magnetic bead in her hearing ear.  We knew we had to take her in to get it pulled out.  Of course it must have worked its way out as we were heading there, because no bead was found in the ear.  It didn't stop T from grabbing a tool and trying to poke around in there herself.  This led to a hopefully fruitful conversation about putting objects in ears.

T: Waiting for my warm blanket!
The photo below is one that Brandon took and will be one of my sweetest parenting memories.  I love reading chapter books to the kids.  Reading aloud has always been a special thing for the kids and I.  These days they often multitask and they were both working on 1000 piece puzzles while I read.  In a perfect Shelly world I would still be able to read aloud to them each day for as long as they would let me.  Also, so thankful for the basement revamp so it no longer looks like this pic!
A good book and a couple of good puzzles.
Brandon used his sister's rowing machine in Missouri and decided that he would really like one.  He has been using it almost everyday and loves the great full body work out it provides. 
The rowing machine became the newest member of our family!

What is that white stuff?  We had a winter with almost no snow... maybe it is still to come?!

Buttercup:  I bet no one can find me hiding down here.

Playing with neighbors in the tiny bit of snow we got.
T's personality is all in all the time.  If she thinks of something she is going to go for it immediately!  One day is early to mid January she decided she must make all her Valentine's that day!  It was intense and not great timing, but that is how she rolls! 
Making Valentines in early January, never to early to begin.

She made each child an origami heart and hid the candy in the layers.


No better way to start a day (for either of us)!

Found about 50 of these beauties on my phone!


Brandon and M played a game while T had gymnastics!

A puzzle finished with T's new respite worker, L.
Second trip to Urgent care is in a later post since it happened while family was in town.  Third trip to Dr was for me.  I slammed my toe in the garage door.  it actually looks worse now (even two months later) as the nail is a dark purple.  It still feels odd but doesn't hurt.  The Dr didn't do an X-ray because he said even if it was broken they would no nothing for it.  I am quite sure it wasn't.  The first 24 hours felt like it was continuously happening, but after that it wasn't too painful.
Ouch!  It was swollen too, but you can't tell without the other foot to compare.

When you just can't wait to read a book!

So cozy!!!

Somehow he ended up with Brandon's chair during the game.  Close up for better viewing with his eyes.

Beat That one handed and one legged balancing challenge.  Harder than it looks.  I was on one foot as well.  The cups didn't stay.

Christmas money in use!

Moms are heroes!  All the details and the responsibilities.  It is so hard to turn of our minds at night.
So very true!!!

No comments: