Friday, March 25, 2022

Sking and Sorting

In early February Brandon and the kids made two trips to the ski hills.  M had a bad cold so he decided to take a nap after school and hitch a ride with some other friends later in the evening. A good time was had by all, and I think M enjoyed the shorter time snowboarding.


T: It was so cold out that I wore my facemask outside.  It kept me warm.

The crew!

Gearing up for the hill!

His eyes look like he is smiling!
 
I am not sure if I mentioned what I was doing during the January trip to the ski hill.  That week I was taking down all the Christmas decorations and cleaning.  It took me the entire time to take down, clean, and carry to the basement.  

This time I had another project.  I wanted to go through all of my bins from growing up and college and attempt to get rid of 6 totes worth.  It was a pretty big goal, but I was successful. I sorted all day long while the kids were at school and all evening too! I did take pictures of many things before donating or tossing with the idea that some day I might make a little photo memory book.  The reason I wanted to eliminate bins was that I had a dream to turn our work room/storage room into something much more functional, like a work out room.  I knew that the first step would be do get rid of some of the clutter.  In a future post you can see the finished product.

The cats were not impressed that I was in the basement all day and evening without them.  I let them come down and one of them bumped the platform swing.  They stared at it ready to attack for a good 5 minutes.  The picture doesn't do it justice, but it was hilarious! 

Buttercup and Sunshine:  What is this strange moving beast?
 
One of the things I sorted was wedding cards.  The picture below is the stack I kept.  We had 100's of cards, literally.  I kept all those who wrote personal notes.  Below the cards you can also see the wedding program books.  I kept about a dozen and recycled 117.  Yes, for over 17 years we had been storing 125+ wedding programs haha!!! 
So much sorting.  Lots of good memories came back as I sorted!

No comments: