Thursday, April 19, 2018

Goodbye dear friend

This January I had to say goodbye to a very dear friend. I am thankful that this goodbye meant that she had moved on to a new season of life in a new state, but it didn't make the goodbye easier.  For three and a half years S came to our house every three weeks to clean and pray and praise and share her gifts with our family.  She truly worked as if working for the Lord and not for man! 

When she started cleaning our home almost 4 years ago I had no idea the friendship that would form and the blessing that our time together would become.  S came early so we could get in some chatting, or stopped cleaning for a while so we could talk about something that was on one of our hearts.  We have talked about almost every topic under the sun.  After many years here and many conversations with my ultra verbal never embarrassed daughter, there is very little that S doesn't know about me or our family!  

It was such a joy to hear about her relationship with J and to pray for her as her feeling grew.  I was caught up in the details of her sweet love story.  I could tell how it would end and it warmed my heart.  This January we were able to attend her wedding and celebrate the start of this new chapter with her.   Her new hubby happens to work in a different (and much warmer) part of the US.  It was a pretty easy decision to live in this lovely location even though I would often ask her if he considered applying for jobs locally haha! 

Only God's handiwork could have led this incredible woman into our home for this season.  I think of and pray for her often.  We miss her so much, but we praise God for this new chapter in her life!

Our last day together.

No comments: